Read what previous participants of the Summer Symposia at Princeton had to say about the richness of the program, and what they gained, both professionally and personally from the experience.
- “This week has shifted a paradigm in my approach to the piano…This technique provides and describes the tools to solve problems. I no longer feel like there is a limitation to what I can do and how well I can play, and the feeling is liberating.”
- “I have never experienced such a nurturing and welcoming community in the music world – one without pretension or competition. And yet the quality of the performances and the instruction is unparalleled.”
- “wonderful insights and pedagogy”
- “The training you gave me has been invaluable. No pain at all!”
- “I wanted to thank you once again for such a wonderful week. I learned so much and had so much fun! I also want to mention what a nice collegial atmosphere the Institute has—which is pretty uncommon”.
- “This is a huge thank you to all of you for an amazing week at Princeton. It exceeded my expectations in every way. All of the sessions were terrific…I look forward to a continuing association with you all”.
- “I wanted to thank you so much for the great work you did during the Summer Symposium. For me was the first time there and, for sure, not the last!”
- “It’s been more than a month since the lecture on Un Sospiro at the summer symposium in Princeton, and just in case you’ve ever wondered whether your lecture changed anybody’s life, I’m pleased to report that I started learning the etude… (more out of curiosity than anything else, since I’d never dared to play anything by Liszt before). I must say, it was remarkably easy to learn the whole piece because of all the meticulous detail you wrote down on the score, especially with regard to fingering! I love practising the piece, and it’s now going to be part of my exam repertoire this term. Thank you so much for all the work you did to make the etude playable with ease. I am sorely in your debt!”
Hopefully you can join us and share the wonderful learning environment at Princeton this year. July 7-15.